Saturday, January 21, 2012

Near Death

I found myself laying on the ground

I dodged so many bullets

But one hit me, and into my chest it did abound

I felt it enter in slow motion

Piercing apart of my heart

Ripping up the tissues as it tears thru all my parts

As the bullet exits out of my back

I can’t seem to breathe and blood I hack

As I lay face down in the dirt

My life force flows out and soaks my shirt

I thought that this is it

Nothing can fix me, I might as well quit

I felt myself floating

I thought I was dead

Comfort flowed in me, like a baby a mother is holding

“I will heal you” a voice said

“If you believe in me”

They wiped the dirt away so I could see

For a moment I saw a host of angels around me

And I came to my senses I saw family and friends

Showering me with their sympathy

Like magic their tears seemed to enliven my soul

But I’ll never be whole

The passage where the bullet passed thru

Is all scared over

But still I count myself as one of the lucky few

No comments:

Post a Comment